List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta Digest, Vol 104, Issue 2
From:       john Culleton <John () wexfordpress ! com>
Date:       2012-06-14 13:58:29

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:45:26 +0200
Philip Payne <ppayne@aiweb.fr> wrote:

> Agreed !
> nothing matches it
>
> So having missed quite a bit I take it that
> Quanta  is going to go the software heaven now for eternity..
>
> I am still on Deb 5
> and
> Ubuntu 11.4 just to keep it
>
> Has anybody found a version that works for sale anywhere?

I added a GUI called Trinity to my Slackware 13.37 system for
several reasons. It is essentially a KDE 3.5 clone. It comes with
Quanta Plus 3.5.

Trinity also boots faster, and is free of the Akonadi nonsense
that ruins KDE4. I can still boot KDE4 when I need something
like Okular or Krita.

John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers:
http://wexfordpress.net/shortlist.html
Police Procedural and Expose: "Death Wore Black"
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"
http://www.booklocker.com/books/4055.html