List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] HTML5 DTD
From:       Maug Lee <mauglee () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-05-30 11:53:40

On 2012-05-30 13:43:56 Mike wrote:
> I have been using Quanta for some years and really don't want to change.
> However, opening a document with an HTML5 doctype produces an error
> message about the doctype. Is it possible to add a new DTD for HTML5 to
> stop this?

in Ubuntu you can do it as follows:
$ cp -R /usr/share/apps/quanta/dtep/xhtml-strict ~/.kde/share/apps/quanta/dtep/html5

↑ here we copy global settings of „XHTML Strict" to local (per user) as new one.
It is possible that file locations in you case are different.

Open description.rc in your faworite text editor:
$ cd ~/.kde/share/apps/quanta/dtep/html5
$ gedit description.rc

change line with „NickName" to:
NickName = HTML5

save and exit editor.

Then (re)start Quanta and pick from menu:
TDT → Edit DTD settings

choose „HTML5" → edit as you want → OK.

All tags are located now in ~/.kde/share/apps/quanta/dtep/html5 directory – modify \
if needed by yourself.

--
M.Lee