List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] HTML5 DTD
From:       Maug Lee <mauglee () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-05-30 11:53:40

On 2012-05-30 13:43:56 Mike wrote:
> I have been using Quanta for some years and really don't want to change.
> However, opening a document with an HTML5 doctype produces an error
> message about the doctype. Is it possible to add a new DTD for HTML5 to
> stop this?

in Ubuntu you can do it as follows:
$ cp -R /usr/share/apps/quanta/dtep/xhtml-strict \
~/.kde/share/apps/quanta/dtep/html5

↑ here we copy global settings of „XHTML Strict" to local (per user) as \
new one. It is possible that file locations in you case are different.

Open description.rc in your faworite text editor:
$ cd ~/.kde/share/apps/quanta/dtep/html5
$ gedit description.rc

change line with „NickName" to:
NickName = HTML5

save and exit editor.

Then (re)start Quanta and pick from menu:
TDT → Edit DTD settings

choose „HTML5" → edit as you want → OK.

All tags are located now in ~/.kde/share/apps/quanta/dtep/html5 directory \
– modify if needed by yourself.

--
M.Lee