Hello all and happy new year. I have not been active here for some time. The decline of this project has been a sore spot with me for some time. I was happy for Andras to be able to leave and take care of his family better. As for me I now program in C++ and have even done parser programming on Kommander. I should have both time and money to pursue this project. Lately my business has suffered from 3 years of bad weather, but prior to that I had health problems and had such high blood pressure I was at severe risk of a fatal episode of one type or another. After extensive visits to my naturopath for over a year it was determined it was the result of relationship stress in my marriage. After trying to fix it I realized I had to change. I was never able to relax and do what I wanted.

I am now divorced and working to repair my life. I am used to setting goals and achieving them, but I have been frustrated by a partner who was not. When I separated this year I asked myself what I wanted in life. I met a woman who thinks like I do. She is from Hong Kong. She has been here since November. Once we have my business on track I will once again have time for this project. For the first time in years really exciting things are happening on the web. I want to be able to write HTML5 sites, mobile applications and more in Quanta. I have a good idea what needs to be done.

For the first time in decades I am truly happy! I have never felt so positive about the future. I am looking forward to the life I have dreamed of with new hope and this project continues to be important to me.

Eric Laffoon
Quanta Plus project lead