List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] KDevelop vs Aptana3
From:       Niko Sams <niko.sams () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-01-01 14:08:34

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 18:24, Alan C Whiteman <acwhiteman@visualis.us> wrote:
> While KDevelop is an off-shoot of Quanta Plus, it is being developed
> primarily for PHP. HTML5 and CSS3 are, as you point out, in an alpha state.
> Aptana is handling these specs very nicely, plus it can handle PHP as well.
Yeah, Aptana is pretty good, most of my working colleagues use it. The main
drawback for them is performance. When switching branch of our CMS, and Aptana
has to refresh the sources you can go get some coffee.
(I guess not everybody will have this problem)

Other than that I would miss:
- Quick Open
- fish:// integration
- semantic highlighting of php code
- auto completion for overriding a method
- my external scripts and snippets (don't know if something similar
exists for apanta)

Niko