List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] How to get syntaxhighlighting for CSS3
From:       Helga Fischer <Azula () gmx ! de>
Date:       2011-12-15 18:36:37

Hi,

Am Donnerstag 15 Dezember 2011 schrieb Maug Lee:
> On 2011-12-14 23:43:15 Helga Fischer wrote:
> > Is it possible for a not programmer to write such syntax
> > description and update quanta's abilty?
>
> Before all you probably want to run:
> Settings → Configure Editor → Highlighting → Download
> New versions available will be selected, just press „Install".
> Restart Quanta.
> Maybe now its all OK?

This tip was good. My colleague tried it out and has fun to work with
a newer css-syntax.

> If not. Syntax highlighting files are stored at
> $KDEDIR/share/apps/katepart/syntax
> for example it can be ~/.kde/share/apps/katepart/syntax
>
> If you look inside of file css.xml you will see a line with
> comment <!-- CSS3 -->

I found it.

> Start editing / adding your stuff there. For understanding what
> are you doing:
> http://kate-editor.org/2005/03/24/writing-a-syntax-highlighting-fi
>le/
>
> css.xml file will be overwritten on next update you run, so its
> better to create your own file – naming it, for example, css3.xml.

Good tip. Who integrate such a file? I think, there are more people
who are interesting in having syntaxfiles for css3 or html5. The
packagers of my linux distro? They are building packages for kde3
too.

[...]

Thank you a lot. My collegue and me don't find another tool like
quanta and wish to work with quanta in the future too.

Kind regards,
Helga