List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Installing on Ubuntu 11.10 KDE Plasma 4.7.1
From:       Niko Sams <niko.sams () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-11-25 17:58:54

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 17:27, Bruno Baumg=E4rtner <bruno13@scotnet.co.uk> =
wrote:
> Hi Tom
>
> I changed to Blue Griffon (downloads here: http://http://bluegriffon.org/=
).
> This new program has HTML5 and CSS3 included. Maybe you will give it a tr=
y?

> I think it is a travesty, that Quanta is not developped any longer. But
> obviously renewelling grafics and appearances every 6 month is more
> important than maintainig useful applications. I can not understand the
> KDE-Team for this decision.
Quanta is (or better was) an community developed Open Souce Project.
The maintainers
and developers of Quanta 3 stopped contributing and sadly noone was found
who would continue. This was defenitely not a "decision" by a "KDE-Team".
The plan was to create Quanta4 on the same base as KDevelop4 - as both are =
IDEs.
The good thing: some work was done. There is eg. a stable php language supp=
ort
plugin for KDevplatform (works with KDevelop4 and Quanta4). Many other plug=
ins
exist like ruby, css, html/xml, xdebug etc. but none of those had a
stable release.

for more information read this:
http://milianw.de/blog/quanta-gsoc-midterm-evaluation

Niko