List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Installing on Ubuntu 11.10 KDE Plasma 4.7.1
From:       Tom Tinker <tomtinker () ymail ! com>
Date:       2011-11-24 8:05:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I'm new to Linux, using it off and on for about a year. I first installed Ubuntu \
11.04, and was happily using QuantaPlus. Then I upgraded to 11.10 Ocelot. Now, Quanta \
will no longer run. And it is no longer available in the Ubuntu software center. \
Further, I got fed up with the new Unity interface, and installed KDE Plasma 4.7.1, \
figuring it would allow me to use Quanta. (I really am impressed with KDE, by the \
way. Much better than Unity.) I tested out Bluefish and Komposer, but I like Quanta a \
lot better, and want to continue using it. Since it doesn't seem possible to apt-get \
Quanta anymore, I downloaded both the Quanta Plus (3.1.1) and Kdewebdev (4.7.0) tar \
files, but I have no idea which to use, or how to install tar files. Can anyone point \
me in the right direction?