List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Kubuntu 11.10
From:       john Culleton <John () wexfordpress ! com>
Date:       2011-10-21 14:39:31

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 07:29:12 +0200
Werner Joss <werner@hoernerfranzracing.de> wrote:

> On Friday 21 October 2011 00:27:01 Billie Walsh wrote:
> > Does anyone know if Quanta will run in 11.10? It's no longer
> > offered in the standard repositories.
>
> as most distros are in a process of dropping support for kde 3.5.x
> (or already have done so), the best way to keep it going is to rely
> on trinity: http://www.trinitydesktop.org/
> - kde 3.5 is well maintained there, even bugs are getting
> fixed/enhancements are provided, such as flash working again in
> konqui. and yes, quanta is included, incl. sftp, ftps etc.
> work like a charme here (debian squeeze).
>
> werner

> Unlimited Disk, Data Transfer, PHP/MySQL Domain Hosting
>               http://www.doteasy.com

For Slackware 12.2 Quanta is included. So no special effort is
required. I keep such a partition on my machine just for Quanta.
But rebooting just to use Quanta is a pain.

Is there any active project to update Quanta Plus to a Qt 4
environment? I know resources were diverted to KDevelop but that
doesn't seem to do html at all. So I use Bluefish or just code in Gvim
editor instead.

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers: