List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Re: Quanta Digest, Vol 97, Issue 5
From:       "Bernhard Hoellerl" <info () isar-extra ! net>
Date:       2011-06-27 12:13:41

>> Anyone else have any other suggestions?

Komodo edit:
(http://www.activestate.com/komodo-edit)
You have to install some of it's plugins, then it has nearly the same
functionality like quanta plus.

> If there were a way to run Quanta in a virtual window on
> KDE4 machines that would do it.

I provide a download link to my remastered Ubuntu live CD. It is optimized
for VirtualBox.
Live CD Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JYCW9JRG
For Downloads from Megaupload I recommend to use a PopUp Blocker besause
of it's worst advertises.

The live CD automatically starts in german language. But you can change
the language to English or Spanish in the start-up options of the live CD.
The advantage of the live CD is, that this is a compressed system with a
size of 700 MB. A minimal normal install of a system with kdewebdev 3.5 on
VirtualBox requires about 2.8 GB instead.

Quanta Plus 3.5.10 on this CD has full functionality, except spelling. But
I have added extra toolbars with a spell check solution based on Aspell,
that filters out HTML syntax and checks only the plain text.

Soon I will provide a CD that starts up in English.
This live CD  appliance provides a way to use it nearly like a normal
system in relation with a especially prepared VDI
(http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SMWJR8L6).
Read about the Live CD before you download it:
http://www.isar-extra.net/index.php?lang=en

> Where can I find the source code for Quanta?
Linux Distributors like Debian or Ubuntu provide the sources to their
binary packages.

For an install of Quanta Plus on Ubuntu some extra repositories are
necessary.

Settings->Repositories
Ubuntu Software: main, universe, multiverse
Other Software:
hardy-backports main
hardy universe
Suggestion:
add the following lines to /etc/apt/sources-list:

deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu lucid main restricted multiverse
universe
deb http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hardy-backports main
deb http://suse.uni-leipzig.de/pub/releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hardy universe

Terminal:
sudo apt-get install libcvsservice0 kdelibs4c2a quanta quanta-data
kfilereplace-kde3   kdebase-bin
... and you surely won't miss
sudo apt-get install: konqueror kwrite kate kimagemapeditor-kde3 libssh-4

then remove cervisisa and konsole if already installed:
This packages  I got from the web and installed them manually...
(I have forgotten from where I achieved them):
sudo dpkg --install ... cervisia_3.5.9-0ubuntu1_i386.deb
sudo dpkg --install ... konsole_3.5.9-0ubuntu7_i386.deb

If you install KDE4 afterwards, the kdewebdev package with Quanta Plus
will be replaced.
But you do not need KDE to run Quanta Plus. It works pretty on a GNOME
Desktop!

Bernhard Höllerl