List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Re: Any progress on Quanta for KDE 4?
From:       Billie Walsh <bilwalsh () swbell ! net>
Date:       2011-06-11 13:37:21

On 06/11/2011 07:54 AM, Stefan wrote:
> Am Freitag, 10. Juni 2011, 22:23:35 schrieb Cam Ellison:
>> On 11-06-10 12:58 PM, Matthew Millar wrote:
>>> +1
>>>
>>> Btw, if anyone wants quanta to run on KDE 4, gentoo devs seem to
>>> have cracked it.
>
>> I'm running it on Kubuntu Natty, but can't remember now where I got
>> the .debs for it.  Every time I run apt-get, it whinges about
>> automatically removing quanta and everything related to it.  For
>> the most part - and maybe my needs are simple - it does pretty
>> much what it did under KDE 3.5.
>
> I'm runnig Quanta on Kubuntu 11.4.
> I installed it with Synaptic directly from the resources.
>
> I had no problems for a long time in any updates.
>
> Stefan

I use Quanta eight to ten hours a day most days under Kubuntu 11.04.
It's just that some of the functionality under KDE 3.x is lost. Spell
check doesn't work, you can't use Kmapedit from Quanta and some other
stuff. When I have to map an image I can still use Kmapedit but I have
to copy/paste the map into Quanta. It won't automatically import it.

Even crippled Quanta is still the best page editor out there for any OS.