List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Re: Building Quanta
From:       Billie Walsh <bilwalsh () swbell ! net>
Date:       2010-11-14 15:12:45

On 11/14/2010 12:50 AM, Werner Joss wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 14. November 2010, um 01:42:30 schrieb John Culleton:
>
>> Don't think Quanta works with KDE 4.x at all.
>>
> that's worng - even quanta from kde3.5 works reasonably well on my kubuntu
> 10.10 (kde 4.5) box here :)
> but the O.P. refers to the 'new' quanta (native kde 4.x) partly based on
> kdevelop 4.1, here.
> it is still in an early stage, but seems to be usable, already (will check it
> out soon).
>
> werner

I'll second Werner's remarks. Even though Quanta 3.5.10 is crippled in
the new KDE 4.x it is still head and shoulders above any other editor
out there. I use it every day on my KDE4.4.2 Kubuntu10.4 machine. I wish
there was a way to port it to Windows. I have several friends that are
stuck in Windows and would love to be able to recommend such a great
program to them.

I look forward to the new version to come.