On 7 August 2010 11:52, John Culleton <john@wexfordpress.com> wrote:

Thanks. Unfortunately like so many Linux packages it sent me on a library
chasing mission. I'll try it later some time.

That won't be the case for everyone. The installer already indicates that it uses QT for its UI, so anyone using KDE for their desktop should't have anything to chase. I installed Sigil on my Kubuntu 10.4 system without any incident or missing libraries, and I look forward to putting it through its paces. I hope that, at very least, it provides a good ePub validation tool for imported (X)HTML.

Having said that, it would be nice if ePub export was possible from Quanta; however, IMO the open source tools that would most benefit from ePub export would be Scribus and maybe OpenOffice.org and/or KWord.

--
- Evan