List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta 4 - it is alive!
From:       Sasha Andric <sasha () goldnet ! ca>
Date:       2010-07-10 1:38:07

On July 9, 2010 10:21:36 pm Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Saturday 10 July 2010 03:08:10 Sasha Andric wrote:
> > Thank you for working on Quanta,
> >
> > The most important Quanta features for me are all the ones that deal with
> > project management:
> >
> > - scriptable project actions
>
> Can you elaborate on that? I never used that feature in Q3, what does it
> do?

In current Quanta, in project properties, you can assign actions that will be
executed  when certain events occur. For an example I can have script that
will run every time any file within project is saved. At my work I have such
action assigned that calls script which checks if the saved file was within
directory called "base_local" (which is btw, set "never" to upload to server)
and if it was, it encodes it and saves it with the same path and name in
directory "base" (which is set up to always upload to server). If encoding
fails, it will show script errors  (PHP errors really) in the message window.
As the errors include line numbers, clicking on them will take me to error
location in the file.

> > - ability to manually set file upload status or exclude files from
> > project or upload
> > - ability to use any of KIO slaves to upload files or CVS or SVN
> > - multiple project upload profiles
>
> All of these should be implemented to my knowledge.
>
> > - all other existing project settings  - I use them all
>
> Please be more specific ;-)

- Default project encoding for new files
- Project views
- list of files to exclude from project
- Default DTD for HTML

I just checked out new quanta and will build it as soon as this message is
sent

Thanks for quick response :)