List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] saved/new  files as 644 not 744 ! ?...
From:       Philip Payne <ppayne () aiweb ! fr>
Date:       2009-11-30 12:31:37

Hi

I work via a Linux workstation with Quanta  directly on the local server
with samba.
all the config files (smb.conf) etc..are set to create files as 644 and
dirs as 755

So why does quanta save my files as 744 ?

I want to  have them as 644 I have looked in Quanta setting and can not
find anyway to change this does anybody know a way around this

BTW quanta is the only program that saves the files 744 all the other
programs - Gimp OO etc keep the inherited rights

At present I run a script to put all the modified files back at 644 but
it would be usefull to get around this .....

Thanks

Phil