List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Lost menu bar
From:       "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty () suddenlinkmail ! com>
Date:       2009-10-24 4:33:22

On Thursday 27 August 2009 12:36:30 am marbux wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> I was wrestling with another issue and without thinking long enough,
> hid the Quanta menu bar. Now I can't get it back. Is there a keyboard
> shortcut that will turn it back on? I checked the list archives but
> didn't pop anything.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Paul

Sorry for the late reply, but I wanted to add something so it will be \
present  in the archive.

To get around the problem with updates over-writing my quanta toolbar (the
system wide toolbar) I just include a check in my .bashrc file that checks \
to  make sure the toolbar is mine and not the default. If a newer version \
has  overwritten my toolbar, then the check routine copies mine back. For \
most  distros, this will require sudo or root access.

If you are interested, simply include the following function in your \
~/.bashrc  file and then every time you login, it will check to make sure \
your toolbar is  still yours (of course the lines beginning with '#' are \
just comments):

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------#
 ## functions                                                               \
 #--------------------------------------------------------------------------#

chkquantatb() {
qpath=/opt/kde3/share/apps/quanta/toolbars/html
stdtb=standard.toolbar.tgz
dcrtb=standard.toolbar.tgz.dcr

if ! diff ${qpath}/${dcrtb} ${qpath}/${stdtb} > /dev/null 2>&1; then
    sudo cp ${qpath}/${dcrtb} ${qpath}/${stdtb}
fi
}

<snipped stuff>

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------# \
 # config checks                                                            \
 #--------------------------------------------------------------------------# \

                                                                            \
  chkquantatb                                                               \

                                                                            \

Just make sure you use the correct qpath path above and save a copy of your \
 toolbar either in the directory where it normally resides under a \
different  name (mine is 'standard.toolbar.tgz.dcr' above) or you will need \
to adjust the  location in the copy call here:

    sudo cp ${qpath}/${dcrtb} ${qpath}/${stdtb}

This just keeps the installer from outsmarting me :p

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC