List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] [Fwd: Re: kdebase-runtime upgrade problems]
From:       James Ellis <james.ellis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-08-06 22:24:43

Hi

I just updated to 4.3 on Kubuntu (worth it). I noticed that the updater wanted
to remove Quanta as it depends on certain '=' 3.5 packages that have been
updated to 4.30.
To solve it, I did the update, removed quanta and reinstalled it after the
update. This solution downgraded the dependencies back to 3.50 and Quanta runs
ok. I don't need kfilereplace 4.3 etc for anything else.

Not sure if that will work in Debian, but it may help as they are both APT
based.

Cheers
James

--