List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta and Debian Testing - Squeeze
From:       Arthur Marsh <arthur.marsh () internode ! on ! net>
Date:       2009-06-29 7:45:54

Philip Payne wrote, on 2009-06-29 16:23:
> HI
> I am using Debian Squeeze, because yes I want the latest apps versions,
> but I was surprised to see that Quanta is not available 'yet'  I realise
> that this is a testing distrib so no complaints and I can manage OK with
> Kate but I still miss  my favorite web editing program.
> I gather its a KDE issue not quite ready yet for Squeeze...
>
> Does anybody have any update on this situation, what we can expect time
> wise before this gets to work ??
>
> Or is there a way to get it working now  :-)

I kept my Debian unstable at KDE 3.5.9/3.5.10 to keep my KDE 3.5.X apps,
but others have installed Quanta 3.5.9 and dependencies under KDE 4.X
and have been able to use Quanta 3.5.9 under KDE 4.X.

I usually use aptitude to experiment with packages and dependencies so
that I can install what I want without having other stuff removed that I
don't want removed.

Regards,

Arthur.