List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] CVS Issues
From:       Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh () swbell ! net>
Date:       2009-05-06 16:27:29

Jens Herden wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 06 Mai 2009 17:33:08 schrieb Billie Erin Walsh:
>
>> When I open Quanta I get this warning box:
>>
>> <quote>
>> Some applications required for full functionality are missing:
>>
>> - Cervisia [http://www.kde.org/apps/cervisia] - CVS management plugin
>> will not be available.
>>
>> You may download the applications from the specified locations.
>> <unquote>
>>
>> Cervisia _IS_ installed.
>>

> Which version? Quanta is searching for the KDE 3 version.
>
> Maybe a symbolic link would help Quanta to find Cervisia and keep Quanta
> quiet?
>
> Cheers
> Jens

Cervisia reports V. 3.2.2 using KDE 4.2.2

Quanta reports V 3.5.10 using KDE 3.5.10

Both were installed in the KDE meta package KDEWEBDEV just day before
yesterday from the latest ubuntu repository.

However, I had the same issue with Kubuntu 8.04/KDE 3.5.10 [ and I
believe with Kubuntu 7.10 and whatever version of KDE that was. ]. I
assume that Quanta was the same version as now with 8.04/3.5.10. No way
to check now.

Does anyone know if thee is a newer version for 4.2.2 coming soon?

>> Is there someplace that I need to point Quanta to Cervisia?

I know that in some instances a program looks for something in a certain
place. From time to time a distro/package manager will set something to
install in another place. I've heard of symlinks but know nothing about
them. [ I know - Google is my friend ] I assume a symlink requires a
knowledge of the file system and how it's set up. Something I still
haven't figured out. *<]:o(