List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] initial assistance please
From:       Mantia Andras <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-03-28 7:06:31

On Saturday 28 March 2009, Eric Laffoon wrote:
> KDE4 has a KDE 3 compatibility mode. That's all you need, just load
> Quanta 3.5.x. kdebase 3x is only if you want to run the desktop.

That's true in general, but unfortunately not for (K)Ubuntu, as they
simply do not package some of the KDE 3.x applications and libraries
anymore. The most famous issue is fish:// and sftp:// not working,
because the required kioslaves are not available.
 Might be the same case with Cervisia and KImageMapEditor, I don't know,
as I don't run Kubuntu.

Andras