List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] RFE: Join split paragraphs hotkey
From:       Jon Roland <jon.roland () the-spa ! com>
Date:       2009-03-08 17:28:20

One of the functions I had with some Windows HTML editors that I miss a
lot in Quanta+ is a hotkey to join split paragraphs in WYSIWYG editing
mode. For example, on one I can place the cursor somewhere in the
following paragraph and hit ctrl-shift-j and that paragraph is joined to
the one preceding it, the </p><p> tags separating them are removed, and
a space is inserted on the presumption that the last word of the
preceding paragraph is not also split. (If it one has to remove the
space and probably also a hyphen.)

The obverse is while in WYSIWYG editing mode to be able to just hit
Enter and have it split the paragraph at that point, inserting a </p><p>
pair.

All the great cool functions that are being developed are all very well,
except that I will probably never use most of them. What I mainly need
is hotkeys to do simple repetitive editing tasks.

-- Jon