List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Quanta locking files on samba share
From:       "Chris LaFond" <clafond () prowestgis ! com>
Date:       2009-02-26 16:47:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

hey:
Im using Samba on a freebsd box in an microsoft enviroment.
For our development, all the files are kept on a network share, and because there are \
only a few programmers, we dont have to worry about over writing each others files.  \
I have noticed, when I access my share, and begin editing files, I can access the \
website. if I close Quanta, the site loads fine. This leave me to believe quanta is \
doing some type of file locking.

I also know that with monodevelop, when I file get shanged, it tells me and asks me \
to reload. Quanta doesnt do this.

Is there any way around this? to have quanta not lock my files, and have it watch my \
share for file changes... I know it has something to do with CIFS (samba), the way \
the protocol works, but maybe there is a way to set this to my desired specification?

And input would be great, and BTW Quanta is a great IDE.. I enjoy using it (more than \
visual studio). The only downside for me is that im editing VB code, and there is no \
syntax highlighting for it... any future plans for this?

Thanks
Chris