List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Dangerous "feature?"
From:       Bobby <bobby () d4business ! com>
Date:       2009-02-19 14:37:37

On Thursday 19 February 2009 09:28:48 Bobby wrote:
> On Thursday 19 February 2009 04:42:19 Andras Mantia wrote:
> > On Thursday 19 February 2009, Simon Dawson wrote:
> > > My normal behaviour  is that I get two dialogue boxes appear. The
> > > first is 'Are yousue you want toremove from project?' and the next is
> > > 'Do you want to remove the files from the server as well?' so I'm not
> > > really sure why yours is not asking the second question.
> >
> > That's the default behavior. He probably checked once the "Do not ask
> > again" checkbox in the dialog. I'm sorry to say, but this was a user
> > error...
>
> I'm sorry but that simply does not fly. A professional designer has as much
> responsibility for not taking into account worst possible oversight by the
> user. That might not be easy... Where do you draw the line?

This is not opposing the great efforts of Eric Lafoon & co. but the view of
throwing it all on the user. Who yes, is the one that made the two fatal
decisions which cost him the work. Good tools takes our mistakes into
account. Line a chain saw with a auto shutoff. Or a rope that stops the
surfboard from going away and coming back hitting the surfer in the head.
These are tools that takes our mistakes into account.

--

Bobby