List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] upload profile passwords
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-01-20 21:26:29

On Tuesday 20 January 2009, Sasha Andric wrote:

> This distro is based on KDE4, so i am not sure how would I go about
> compiling kde3 app here without messing things up.  I am new to this
> binary distro thingy so I do not understand it yet fully,

Being a KDE4 distro doesn't mean they need to ship broken KDE3
packages... Quanta 3 works just fine under KDE4 if you install all the
required libraries and plugins. What Kubuntu did (wrongly) to provide
only part of what Quanta relies on, thus doing a bad thing to us,
developers, and to the users as well. For this reason, a complaint is
valid, they should ship all the requirements if they have decided to
ship Quanta3.
 Other binary distros did it right, at least openSUSE did, I can run
Quanta3 from under KDE4 (the default KDE desktop) without any problems,
using all its features.

Andras