I'm a highlight junkie, too, already been through everything you mentioned except for GeSHi some time ago. Thanks to those that replied. I will look into GeSHi. On Friday 09 January 2009 06:44:45 am Greg Rundlett wrote: > On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 6:54 AM, wrote: > > I mean to take advantage of the source code highlighting capabilities. If > > I have a PHP document I'm working on, I can export to HTML to preserve, > > among other things, coloring. Is this possible from the command line? > > > > Thanks. > > [sorry if this is a double post, I used the wrong sender address the first > time] > > Here are a few options: > > If you want to use PHP to output a syntax-highlighted (using HTML) > version of your source, see > http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.highlight-string.php > http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.highlight-file.php > > If you just want people to view your source files, also see the phps > configuration option for the webserver (where any file ending with the > extension ".phps" is returned to the browser as syntax-highlighted > rather than parsed by mod_php) > > If you have more languages than PHP, HTML, CSS, JS; and/or you want to > do something integrated with an existing blog/cms/wiki; and/or want to > leverage existing work rather than re-inventing the wheel, I'd > recommend GeSHi > http://qbnz.com/highlighter/ > > There is also gnu enscript > > Note too: many projects from MediaWiki to Drupal to WebSVN have > modules that incorporate one or more of these approaches. > > wow, I guess I'm kinda a highlighting junkie -- http://webninja.kinqpinz.org/ https://kinqpinz.info/ http://art.kinqpinz.com/ _______________________________________________ Quanta mailing list Quanta@mail.kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/quanta