List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Further update on future development
From:       Eric Laffoon <eric () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2008-12-04 23:18:40

Hi all,
I was quite delighted to see some recent contributions. I wanted to let
everyone know my plans. Those who have been with us since the beginning
remember the "Quanta is dead" rumors when we were late releasing a KDE3
version. Currently Andras remains quite busy and will not likely have much
time for the project. As for me I have managed to accomplish most of my
required milestones for a business expansion... Unfortunately I still have a
few little bottlenecks and details I'm making slower progress on. My wife and
I are discussing new business strategies and working toward a more automated
business model.

I'm not going to say I will have all the time in the world right away or that
I'm rich. However as I get a few more things taken care of I will be seeing
more time freedom and enough finances not to be stressed like I have been in
years passed. Andras and I were discussing today setting aside some time for
a visit to just code on Quanta. Obviously as those plans begin to evolve I'd
want to contact Niko and see what his availability is.

January normally begins my slow time of year but this year I expect to begin
seeing more business. At the same time I anticipate less demands on my time
beyond the programming I need to do for internal applications. I plan to
start out next year looking at what we need to do and quite probably looking
for a developer we can sponsor too, as well as looking to get more
involvement for volunteer development. In addition to finishing the port I
want to look at ways we can improve and enhance Quanta for various uses and
especially team development. I will want to get feedback from people on the
list especially as we do that. This means hopefully a KDE4 version we can all
use well before the middle of next year... First we assess and plan, then we
set a date. Thanks to all for your patience. Happy holidays.
--
Eric Laffoon
Project Lead - kdewebdev module