List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Alternative to Quanta?
From:       Børge_Holen <borge () arivene ! net>
Date:       2008-09-27 23:59:30

Q only got one competitor, and thats dreamweaver.
as I see it:
both are supported by the two largest arch platforms, and they can
easily be used together
none is javabased witch is a _must_!.! slowass badshittech language...
both is project based rather than single file, and is narrowly only
for web development (seriously... I don't know anyone making money /
as in paying the rent with neither eclipse nor vim.)
Both user interfaces are more or less clean (after a few minutes
fixing them to ones liking) the buttons are where theyre supposed to
be and it works.

still there are a few hitches and glitches with both. on one side dw
got the wysiwyg down alright, but it cannot handle the $_GETs and
$_POSTs if'n nors.
so still you're stuck with the source, witch with dw is shitslow when
starting to add a few files over the norm.
it cannot handle ssh, so in osx I use fuse to fix it (I don't run ftp
services on none of my servers)
Q on the other hand got this useless vpl mode witch keeps me from
placing anything where it's supposed to be. but handles everything
else perfectly, try the options for making tables or forms (microsoft
should adopt these features in the word office package!!) ... lovely.

The rest is like notepad and the old brum on the tiki 100 computer,
when ppl tell me they use vim or notpad to make homepages, I somehow
know the work they how to do, to actually do anything (been there done
that) it's like staring up with rails for the first time.. wtf is the
first thing that comes to mind ;D

btw on topic again... I tried both amaya and bluefish a year ago...
and I .... I like notepad *lol* notepad still got the looks going for
it ;D