List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Alternative to Quanta?
From:       eric () kdewebdev ! org
Date:       2008-09-27 15:14:51

Using Quanta, scripting and Kommander it is possible to not only substantively \
transform Quanta, you can also (as a non-programmer) create and install plugins. You \
can add language support and create custom actions for virtually every project \
interaction. I defy anyone to show me any other tool you can do that with.

The previous poster is right. Bluefish and Amaya are not close! In fact for the last \
4 years Quanta has handily beat all web develop$ent tools on Linux in reliable polls. \
KDevelop is also late for KDE4 but a recent poll found for all IDEs it and Quanta \
topped the individual leader, the heavily IBM supported Eclipse.

I am not currently able to invest the 20-30 hours a week I used to and Andras cannot \
invest 60 hours a week. We do have new developers coming on and both of us anticipate \
shortly being able to have time to oversee development. The early KDE4 port runs but \
needs work.

So the problem for the whiners here is that even though Quanta remains the \
unchallenged best tool for the job they don't see enough happening with shiney new \
baubles. That is particularly pathetic considering Quanta has been ib the KDE release \
schedule and thus not eligable for substantial improvements going on 3 years. Where \
was this talk a year ago?

Quanta has been declared dead before. I spent thousands of dollars sponsoring \
development when I shut off cable TV and abything I didn't need. I neglected my \
business as long as I met my needs. I figure in time and money Quanta cost enogh to \
buy a new Mercedes 600. It has been worthit, except when people who think "free \
software" means "free ride" complain. Oddly nothing I say seems to get through their \
skulls.

What I need is a kevel of financial independence that will allow me to keep going \
even if most users won't lift a finger or spend a cent to help.

For thise not bitching, I love you all and will take care of my baby no matter what, \
just like I have before. Which is not enough for "consumer minded" users.

Eric