List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Not Loading
From:       Eric Laffoon <eric () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2008-09-25 23:25:00

On Thursday 25 September 2008 3:23:16 pm Ryan wrote:
>         I can only get quanta to run as a su - .
>
>         When I try to load it through the icon I get nothing.
>
>         When I try to do it as a normal user in the terminal I get this:
>
> [rspinuz@ADMINISTRATOR ~]$ quanta
> kbuildsycoca running...
> QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::initiateDrag(QWidget *) to
> QuantaApp::slotTabDragged(QWidget*)
> KCrash: Application 'quanta' crashing...
> KCrash cannot reach kdeinit, launching directly.
> [rspinuz@ADMINISTRATOR ~]$
>
>         And this is what I get when I open and close it as su -
>
> [root@ADMINISTRATOR ~]# quanta
> kbuildsycoca running...
> Reusing existing ksycoca
> Invalid entry (empty key) at /usr/share/apps/quanta/doc/php.docrc:186
> Invalid entry (empty key) at /usr/share/apps/quanta/doc/php.docrc:187
> Invalid entry (empty key) at /usr/share/apps/quanta/doc/php.docrc:188
> Invalid entry (empty key) at /usr/share/apps/quanta/doc/php.docrc:189
> Invalid entry (empty key) at /usr/share/apps/quanta/doc/php.docrc:190
> Invalid entry (empty key) at /usr/share/apps/quanta/doc/php.docrc:191
> Invalid entry (empty key) at /usr/share/apps/quanta/doc/php.docrc:192
> Invalid entry (empty key) at /usr/share/apps/quanta/doc/php.docrc:193
> Invalid entry (empty key) at /usr/share/apps/quanta/doc/php.docrc:194
> Invalid entry (empty key) at /usr/share/apps/quanta/doc/php.docrc:224
> Launched ok, pid = 2759
> QObject::disconnect: Unexpected null parameter
> QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::activePartChanged( KParts::Part
> * ) to KHTMLPart::slotActiveFrameChanged( KParts::Part * )
> QObject::disconnect: Unexpected null parameter
> QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::activePartChanged( KParts::Part
> * ) to KHTMLPart::slotActiveFrameChanged( KParts::Part * )
> [root@ADMINISTRATOR ~]# ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(),
> pid = 2756, errno = 11
> [root@ADMINISTRATOR ~]#
>

>              Can Any one help me please?
>

>                                   Thank You,
>

>                                               Ryan

How did you get this build? It looks like you have Quanta built where it can't
access the correct libraries. There are two likely scenarios to create
this...

1) Installing an RPM from a different distribution that installs KDE in a
different place

2) building Quanta from sources and setting the configure switches wrong
(manually)

Actually it may be possible to have this problem with a substantially newer
version of Quanta than KDE, like a 3.5x with a 3.3x.

Without version information and how you arrived at this build all I can do is
speculate. Maybe that will help.

--
Eric Laffoon
Project Lead - kdewebdev module