List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Paying for a feature/bug fix?
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-09-25 18:58:10

On Monday 15 September 2008, Jens Herden wrote:
> I also don't believe that Andras will have substantial time in the
> near future for Quanta. But he should comment on this himself.

As my late reply to this thread show...I'm having hard time finding time
for Quanta. Probably I also don't want to admit, that I won't work in
the near future on it, but this might happen. The real answer is: I
don't know. I hope to have time again. For sure, it won't be as much as
before, but I hope to. But I'd really like to see is that somebody gets
interested in the project like I did almost 7 years ago. I admit, we
need fresh "air", new developers, who might be better motivated to work
on it, then I am.
 I can assure them, that working on Quanta was fun. And working on free
software is more fun then working in a company. I like my current job,
it has similar feeling then what is  in KDE, but of course the job, the
deadlines is more serious.

Well, but the original question: if I'd get this br in the past, I'd
probably go and fix it either without asking for money or offering you to
donate as much as you want. Now I'd like to do the same, but I can't as
I cannot promise it will be fixed this week, next week or sometime soon.

Sorry to say all these,
Andras