List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Paying for a feature/bug fix?
From:       Dany Alejandro Cabrera <bauhmothswill () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2008-09-15 12:42:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

> Hi Eric,
>
> I appreciate your commitment to Quanta. But following your emails quite some
> time and knowing you personally triggers the need to write the following
> lines.
>
> You are writing again and again that there will be progress on Quanta and that
> you will find more time for the project. Honestly I don't believe this
> anymore.

Hi ppl, I'm new. Maybe I'll say something stupid; oh well.

I think quanta is the best editor out there, really. I hate the others. A big thank \
you.

But yeah, just by looking at the webpage you can see the project isn't advancing \
anymore. It hurts because there is ppl like me who like active projects. I know about \
svn and all that, but for a silly average user like me, that just isn't right. And \
I'm sure Quanta wasn't meant only for super-nerds.

I had a problem like yours some years ago. I had a project that could help a \
community and I was working for free. Lots of ppl were happy and had faith in the \
project. My life changed without me noticing it, and it became hard to keep working \
on it. I kept telling ppl I would work on it, for many months, but in the end I \
dropped the project. The end.

One of the ways I could have saved the project was leaving it in the hands of others, \
making it clear that I wouldn't work on it anymore. But I wouldn't. Maybe I had a \
closed mind, I don't know. I felt like I was the only super-nerd on earth that would \
do it for free and THAT well. I was wrong.

You get my point. But then, you ppl are different. I know. I'm not saying I'm the \
same as u.

Yeah, just wanted to share this lil experience I had. That's all.

Good luck.
Dany Alejandro