List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Installation help needed
From:       "Niko Sams" <niko.sams () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-09-15 5:05:01

> 1)      Is the directory I am using acceptable (/usr)?
You just have the sources. those need to get compiled and then
installed. the compiling you better do that in you home directory.

> 2)      Where do I get a C compiler?
For Ubuntu there is a package build-essentials, I guess it is the same
for Xandros.

But I really suggest that you install the distro-packages for quanta.
That is much easier.

Just start your package manager and search for quanta...

Niko