List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Error with mailto:
From:       Andrew Lowe <andrew.lowe () manildra ! com ! au>
Date:       2008-08-13 2:17:03

On Wednesday 13 August 2008 12:01:33 jean-claude destruel wrote:
> I'm using Ubuntu 8.04.
>
> Here is the code I'm using:
>
> Email: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank"
> href="mailto:abc@mydomain.com">abc@mydomain.com</a>
>
> When I preview and I click on the email link, here is the error I get:
>
> An error occurred while loading mailto:abc@mydomain.com:
> Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
>  klauncher said: Error loading 'kmailservice %u'.
>
> I'm using Evolution and Quanta Plus 3.5.9
>
> This error is only happening in Quanta. When I send the email and the
> recipient clicks on the email link, it works fine.
>
> Any clues?
>
> thanks

Perhaps the mail-client for KDE is not setup?  Probably because you are not
using KDE, but rather Gnome? The message you are getting is the kde launcher
trying to open the mail service, but not knowing which program to use.  KDE
applications use klauncher to do pretty much everything...

If you click a mailto: link in konqueror, does that break too?  If so, the
problem is as per above, otherwise, if konqueror works, then the problem might
be with Quanta itself.

If the problem is with kde in general, then you can configure your default mail
program for kde within the kde settings (systemsettings is the application
command line).  Under the section, default applications, choose your email
client - evolution, and away you go...

--
Andrew Lowe
    System Administrator & Programmer