List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] hang up on local variables
From:       "bhilton" <bhilton () hilfamco ! com>
Date:       2008-08-01 17:19:59

Possible problems
1.packet slamming on your nic from something else, like your email client
fetching mail?
2. Like Eric said lo mem or large files
3. Indexing is on or software raid is having issues
4. My guess.....If you log off the system without properly stopping your jobs,
some jobs/processes may remain in memory tying up the system and drawing
unnecessary processing bandwidth.

Type ps and hit enter. This will list all of your current processes running,
or stopped.
Find the ones that look hinky and type kill:xxxxx where xxxxx is the PID

Hope this helps
B Hilton