List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] quanta crashes on upload using KDE4
From:       pbhj <pbhj () alicious ! com>
Date:       2008-07-30 15:16:44

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 09:55:49 +0200
> From: " J?rgen Schmitt " <juergenjschmitt@t-online.de>
> Subject: [Quanta] quanta crashes on upload using KDE4
> To: quanta@mail.kde.org
>
> I'm using quanta+ on Kubuntu Hardy Heron and quite satisfied with that
> application so far.
> On KDE3.5 everything is working fine, but on KDE4.0 there's a problem
> appearing with the upload of a project. Quanta crashes if I want to upload a
> project and with it the whole KDE environment. It puts me back to the login
> screen of KDE.
I'm having the same problem with quanta+ on KDE4 (again it's ubuntu
Hardy with the Kubuntu kde4 desktop). It appears to be the directory
parsing that causes the crash - and it doesn't always happen. Sometimes
if I do upload project it will crash before the dialog can be displayed.
Sometimes it is on rescan project. Other times just when I choose to
upload a single file (though it can of worked 2 minutes earlier). This
may be a couple of separate bugs.

I couldn't find info on how to report such bugs other than to use the
general KDE bug filing service - bugs.kde.org. I uses the wizard to
worked.

Sorry that doesn't help! Happy to answer questions, do tests for a fix.