List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] issues with installation
From:       Eric Laffoon <eric () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2008-07-27 4:56:28

On Saturday 26 July 2008 8:57:21 pm Crash Override wrote:
> Hey everybody,
>
> I've been using Mandriva and KDE on one of my machines for a year now and
> work full time as a web developer.  I wanted to try and see how web
> development will go on a Linux machine.  I did some research and found
> Qunata plus came very highly recommended.
>
> I am however, having some issues with my install.
>
> Here's the details:
>
> I'm running KDE 3.5.4 with Mandriva Free Edition 2007.
>
> The program was a tar.bz2 file. I got it unzipped and then did the CD to
> the directory:
> kdewebdev-3.5.9 and ran the ./configure logged in as SU.
>
> For some reason it won't respond to the "make" command.
>
> This is the error I get:
>
> [root@localhost kdewebdev-3.5.9]# make
> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
>
> I'm guessing for some reason it can't find the makefile?
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Karl

First of all I'm pretty sure there are packages available precompiled. However
if you want to build the software from source (I do) here are some tips.

1) do configure and make as user! If you do su then you may find root is not
configured for all your desktop settings. Also if you build in user space you
will not be able to rebuild as a user since you won't have permissions.

2) If you still have no targets then you have a tarball that has not had the
makefiles made or some issue with your configuration. If so run this...
make -f Makefile.cvs
That will make your make files. then configure and make.

3) su to run make install unless you are using a home directory custom install
path.

That should help. Check out Kommander too as a tool to extend Quanta.

--
Eric Laffoon
Project Lead - kdewebdev module