List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Kate part replace
From:       Andrew Lowe <andrew.lowe () manildra ! com ! au>
Date:       2008-07-23 23:15:52

On Thursday 24 July 2008 09:06:18 Andrew Lowe wrote:
> > Eric: I mean when you press F7 and the input box appears. You can then
> > type replace foo bar.
>
> That is a nice feature, I did not know about it :-) I wonder what other
> commands you can type there?
>
> Anyway... if you want to find/replace on selected text, use the shortcut
> Ctrl+R (Edit->Replace)
> It has much more options, such as selected text, case sensitive, whole
> words only, prompt on replace, and a nice one: regular expressions...

sorry to reply to myself, but I decided to look into the docs about this
feature - it looks very useful.  I could not find it in the quanta docs, but
found it in the kate docs:
In KDE Help Centre
Kate->Advanced Editing Tools->The Editor Component Command Line

anyway it looks like replace supports all the options of the dialog... have a
read of the docs, but the option you want is:
replace:e foo bar
for selection only.

This is very useful feature I did not know about, including find as you type,
goto line, sed-like search/replace, date,

the command help, or help command will also provide info!
--
Andrew Lowe
    System Administrator & Programmer

Email:   andrew.lowe@manildra.com.au