List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] PHP
From:       "Robert Lefebvre" <robert.r.lefebvre () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-02 17:38:16

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Here are some issues to look into before installing the server. Since you
already have Ubuntu installed I would suggest you add LAMP to it. But if you
decide to do a separate server install the default server doesn't have the
GUI and you will have to install it.

I have played around with this and wanted real bad to have a local
production machine for my phph/mysql coding work but found it cumbersome to
get my existing websites to work. Mainly, the programs I had built required
that I include the full urls, including the domain names,  in the links for
it to work. This meant that any local script I was working would still have
to work with the server version. I would need to convert all the links to
the ip address of the local machine and then convert them back when I
launched it.

2008/7/2 Paul Lemmons <paul@lemmons.name>:

> [...]

MissionaryNet.org - bringing 21st Century technology to The Great Commission
Attention mission teams!! Build a complete computer lab for cheap as a gift
for your mission trip!
http://www.missionarynet.org

[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

Here are some issues to look into before installing the server. Since you already \
have Ubuntu installed I would suggest you add LAMP to it. But if you decide to do a \
separate server install the default server doesn&#39;t have the GUI and you will have \
to install it.<br>

machine for my phph/mysql coding work but found it cumbersome to get my existing \
websites to work. Mainly, the programs I had built required that I include the full \
urls, including the domain names,&nbsp; in the links for it to work. This meant that \
any local script I was working would still have to work with the server version. I \
would need to convert all the links to the ip address of the local machine and then \
convert them back when I launched it.<br>

href="mailto:paul@lemmons.name" \
target="_blank">paul@lemmons.name</a>&gt;:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" \
style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; \
padding-left: 1ex;">