List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] xdebug configuration?
From:       spaceman () futuretk ! com
Date:       2008-06-02 0:50:10

Since the topic of debugging and the merits of gubed and xdebug came
up: I can't get xdebug to work with Quanta.  I suspect this is a
version incompatibility problem (is Quanta 3.5.9 w/ KDE 3.5.7 okay?)
but before I start (un)installing packages, maybe someone else can
spot something:

1.  xdebug 2.0.3 is installed and using dgp protocol.  I can
use the 'debugclient' utility that comes with it; and
xdebug works with protoeditor(protoeditor compiled standalone,
not as a katepart).

2.  Under slackware 12.0, I have installed kwebdev 3.5.9, and
kde base 3.5.7., and qt-3.3.8.; PHP 5.2.5

3.  When I enable dbp debugging in project settings, if I hit F6 for
the internal preview or C-S-F12 for firefox, I get no preview, but, on
stderr I get:

MetaObject::findSignal:QuantaDebuggerDBGp: Conflict
with DebuggerClient::updateStatus(DebuggerUI::DebuggerStatus)

and nothing renders (also no message in "Messages" or "Problems" tabs.
However, it is clear that the setting "took," in that the debugging
tabs become available, I can set breakpoints in php, in "Messages" tab
it tells me it's listening on port 9000.

4.  My path setup:
project is in /home/levin/web/biolookup
apache root is /var/www/htdocs
/var/www/htdocs/levin is a symlink to /home/levin/web
preview prefix is http://127.0.0./levin/biodocs

5. This is my settings from biolookup.sessions:
    <debuggers>
      <pathmapper/>
      <DBGp>
        <localproject/>
        <localbasedir>/</localbasedir>
        <serverbasedir>/</serverbasedir>
        <listenport>9000</listenport>
        <startsession>http://localhost/levin/biolookup/%rfpp?XDEBUG_SESSION_START=1&amp;XDEBUG_PROFILE</startsession>
  <defaultexecutionstate>break</defaultexecutionstate>
        <errormask>0</errormask>
        <profilerfilename>/tmp/cachegrind.out.%a</profilerfilename>
        <profilerfilename_map>0</profilerfilename_map>
        <profiler_autoopen>0</profiler_autoopen>
      </DBGp>
    </debuggers>

Thanks,

Levin
Wife: What's that? 3-yo-son holding castanets: My makeup.  Wife: Boys
don't wear makeup.  Son: this isn't girl's makeup it has rocks and mud
and gravel.