List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Windows Problem
From:       David Aldred <nr () familyaldred ! org ! uk>
Date:       2008-06-01 14:09:59

On Sunday 01 June 2008, Darrell Hare wrote:
> Hello.
> I was working on my company's website and I used Quanta to make changes
> to a page. When i uploaded the newly changed html it would only work in
> FireFox and not Windows.
> The website I was working on is haliburtonheightssubdivision.com
> Can anyone check the source and see if you can help me and let me know
> what I screwed up? It's rather urgent.
> Thanks,

I don't *know* that this is the problem, but your use of HTML comments to hide
script source is incorrect.  The lines (two of them) :

// end hiding contents >

need a --> on the end instead of the > : so change them to:

// end hiding contents -->

This may well be causing Internet Explorer to treat the whole of the rest of
the file as a comment, or at least up to the point where it finds a properly
closed comment; by that time it's trying to treat Body content as still part
of the Head element and probably gives up.

Have you tried validating the HTML using http://validator.w3.org/ ? There are
loads of errors in there - I think this is the one which is causing IE to
lose it, but the others could do with fixing.

--
David Aldred