List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] How to use with drupal?
From:       Andrew Berry <andrewberry () sentex ! net>
Date:       2008-05-28 15:39:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On 18-May-08, at 10:21 PM, James Sinnamon wrote:

> Is there a simple way, using scripts, to integrate quanta with
> drupal so that
> a html file (less header and body tag) being edited, or (better
> still) parts
> of it, corresponding to the article body and the article teaser, can
> be
> inserted into the drupal 'edit page' form?

I found the simplest solution was the best: just use copy and paste!
There's a few reasons why scripting this might be painful:

- You are almost guaranteed to be using CCK to create additional
fields for content types. So, you'd have to write a different script
to POST the proper fields for each individual content type.
- You would need some way to parse some fields, such as taxonomy
terms, from the HTML, so you could submit the proper ID for your
selection.

If all you want is an editor for large chunks of HTML, it really is
quite quick just to copy, paste, and preview in your browser.

If this feature is really important to you, then I would look at
integrating with an API instead of hacking the forms. Drupal core
comes with the standard XML-RPC blog editing API, so if your site is
using the blog module that could work. There are probably other
modules, but mailhandler might be easiest to work with as you would
just have to generate and send an email from Quanta:

http://drupal.org/project/mailhandler

HTH,
--Andrew
["smime.p7s" (smime.p7s)]

0	*H
 010	+0	*H
 G0C0+ '?0
	*H
010	UUS10	UUT10USalt Lake City10U
The USERTRUST Network1!0Uhttp://www.usertrust.com1604U-UTN-USERFirst-Client \
Authentication and Email0 071102000000Z
081101235959Z01503U,Comodo Trust Network - PERSONA NOT \
VALIDATED1F0DU=Terms and Conditions of use: \
http://www.comodo.net/repository10U(c)2003 Comodo Limited10UAndrew \
Berry1%0#	*H 	andrewberry@sentex.net0"0
	*H
0
Ԩ &d^9I{I%sRR4_
&U(FDٮr*NK5| \
v6ʶ?Sj5u]U&APaėyDY'ܾ:s1N#e+ kߍjU
qkWO28@Z9[J"N) p/p۵mg<mMHwRuyG#m7/4
eH.}o >aU#(0$0U#0g}ĝ&pKPH|=n}0U{1'j'8&B0U \
0U00 U%0++10	`HB 0FU \
?0=0;+10+0)+https://secure.comodo.net/CPS0U00L J \
HFhttp://crl.comodoca.com/UTN-USERFirst-ClientAuthenticationandEmail.crl0J H \
FDhttp://crl.comodo.net/UTN-USERFirst-ClientAuthenticationandEmail.crl0|+p0 \
n06+0*http://crt.comodoca.com/UTNAAAClientCA.crt04+0(http://crt.comodo.net/UTNAAAClientCA.crt0!U0andrewberry@sentex.net0
 	*H
6cekm)LHGj7SKwPSxƊT7/8!XHבf#8ܫT \
\qӢ(ѣݸEqKnRV|8GV}r;=R_M0gȧDj/!uGP \
Q=Ɓ%PKD!g|&&n[JuJ;tj }2iAΑJщ븢 \
ڌM3hYL4_&!U100010	UUS10	UUT10USalt Lake \
City10U The USERTRUST \
Network1!0Uhttp://www.usertrust.com1604U-UTN-USERFirst-Client \
Authentication and Email'?0	+ 0	*H 	1	*H
0	*H
	1
080528153941Z0#	*H
	1fI4 'M-0	+710010	UUS10	UUT10USalt \
Lake City10U The USERTRUST \
Network1!0Uhttp://www.usertrust.com1604U-UTN-USERFirst-Client \
Authentication and Email'?0*H 	1 \
010	UUS10	UUT10USalt Lake City10U The USERTRUST \
Network1!0Uhttp://www.usertrust.com1604U-UTN-USERFirst-Client \
Authentication and Email'?0 	*H
)N|!DV]<Wʓ{i-ٹw8)ՉէX$@c;:^vbMoru/V4xx*mY:뺊fGGzʦn?ݼi \
RYͨc e]4'mLHO~GD_PkF\5 u䲫ԩώGWF \