List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] annotation question
From:       Brandon Sussman <Brandon () wrweb ! net>
Date:       2008-05-25 19:47:20

On Sunday 25 May 2008 14:37:12 Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 May 2008, Brandon Sussman wrote:
> > In smarty ( .tpl files) I have annotations that look like:
> > -snippet----------------------------------------------
> >           {else}
> > {* @annotation yadda yadda whatever *}
> >             {if .... }
> > -/snippet---------------------------------------------
> >
> > The annotation tab doesn't show them.
> >
> > What am I doing wrong?
>
> As I see (from the code ;)), annotations must be either between
> <!-- --> (if the DTEP is xml based)
> or
> /* */ (for other DTEPs).
>
> Can't you use one of the above notations for comments in smarty?

Thanks - yes - actually {* <-- @annotation comment --> *} works.

Not that I like Smarty but sometimes I am stuck with it :)

It looks darned silly but the {* *} is needed since smarty comments are NOT
displayed in the final output of the template, unlike <!-- HTML comments -->.
{* *} is useful for making internal comments in templates ;-)

-- Brandon