List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] CTAGS and Quanta
From:       Eric Laffoon <eric () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2008-05-23 17:14:33

On Friday 23 May 2008 9:43:30 am Neill Jones wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Sorry if this is a common or old topic, but I'm trying to find out if
> Quanta supports ctags. I've found a post that said it would in Quanta
> 4.0 but that was written in 2005, and we're still in Quanta 3.x. Has it
> since been integrated? And if so how do you activate it?
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Regards
>
> Neill Jones

ctags is supported in KDevelop and Quanta4 will use the KDevelop platform. As
I predicted when we discussed moving to the platform it is way late for KDE4,
but then in my opinion it's all quite challenging and KDE 4.1 is looking more
like it could be the first version to attract a lot of people. Quanta4 is
still months away at the soonest. The 3x series has been tied to the KDE
release schedule which has pros and cons. One of the chief cons is that it
has been essentially in feature freeze for a few years now. Our effort has to
focus on KDE4 as we barely have time for that.

I'm not sure what could be done for integration in 3x. Quanta is extremely
versatile. If there is any scripting support available for ctags it could be
integrated with Quanta, but for a finished package AFAIK that would mean the
KDE4 version, which is not ready for test yet.

--
Eric Laffoon
Project Lead - kdewebdev module