List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] is it possible to compare your file with
From:       Jordi Moles Blanco <jordi () cdmon ! com>
Date:       2008-05-21 18:28:19

hi.

uhmmm, i've been thinking about the whole repository thing, and one of
the reasons why they haven't implemented in our company is because they
don't quite see how to use it in our situation.

What i can do is to explain our scenario, which i don't thing is "that"
special and you can tell me if it would be very difficult to use a
repository system, if it's ok with you. I must say that i have no idea
about this kind of software and what the advantges are.

as i said... we've got a local machine with the website. We edit and
create those files from Quanta.
A part from that, we've got an "online" server with apache were the
final files are stored so that people can see them. We upload the files
to the server through the "upload this file" option in Quanta, ftp
protocol.

Right now, as soon as the file is uploaded, is available to everyone,
so... if there's any mistake in the code, everyone will see it. So... i
guess that the tricky thing here would be to run an apache web server
through a repository system and then we should be able to ask apache to
load files from on part or another from the repository, and i guess that
this part is the one that they fail to see how it would work.

if you could give me some recommendations... i would be really grateful.

thanks.

El dc 21 de 05 del 2008 a les 19:49 +0200, en/na Jordi Moles Blanco va
escriure: