List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] 1000+ file project load times?
From:       Simon Dawson <simon.dawson () interaxsys ! co ! uk>
Date:       2008-05-21 5:41:22

I have a project file with just over 2000 referenced files. It takes a couple
of seconds to load, although there are no symlinks.

I use Quanta a lot, for all my web work, and use it particularly for the
project management and the file transfer capabilities and speed (no irony
intended).

For that reason my project does include graphic and XML files  as it is the
best place to manage them in conjunction with the ongoing development of the
project in hand.

My system is an Athlon 3400, 1Gb Ram, Gentoo and Quanta/KDE 3.5.2.

From my point of view the problems being experienced would point to a local
system/configuration issue.

regards
Simon

--
Simon Dawson

Interaxsys Ltd.
Registered in England and Wales No. 04156349
Registered Office and Address:
Victoria House, Stanbridge Park,
Staplefield Lane, Staplefield, West Sussex, RH17 6AS

T +44 (0)1342 837821
E simon.dawson@interaxsys.co.uk
W www.interaxsys.co.uk