List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] TemplateMagic problem
From:       James Sinnamon <jaymz () bigpond ! net ! au>
Date:       2008-05-21 4:21:22

(subject was: Re: [Quanta] How to use with drupal?)

Hi Eric,

On Wed, 21 May 2008, you wrote:
<snip/>
> I prefer these communications all go to the list, which is why I have it.
> ;-)
>
> > I enormously appreciate your having sent me that Kommander script, but it
> > is not obvious what I am supposed to do with it (see below).
> >
> > http://users.bigpond.net.au/jaymz/download/TemplateMagic.png
>
> Hmmm? Well if you run it then it does have two help pages. You need
> kdewebdev 3.5.9 or Kommander 1.3. I've attached a test file so now if you
> run it with this in your home directory you will see it work.

Call me stupid, but I still can't work out what I am supposed to do with it.
See: http://users.bigpond.net.au/jaymz/download/TemplateMagic.png

I have tried right clicking on the TemplateMagic window and in the quanta html
file buffer and haven't seen any action.  I am unable to type any characters
into the templateMagic form.

Can you tell me what I have overlooked?

Thanks,

James

<snip/>
> In addition to this you can use the http plugin to read in a web page. From
> there you can use Kommander's string functions, PHP or other languages or
> any command line program. I use it with the database plugin to talk with my
> web site and synchronize databases.

Sounds great!

Could I possibly use it to incrementally back up the mysql database in which
my drupal site is stored (if I tweak the database correctly)?  Or can it only
do it non-incrementally?

regards,

James