Hi all, Today marks another birthday for me with a number big enough that even if Andras and I take our shoes and socks off I still need someone else to take off one shoe to have enough digits, but just barely. Did I give it away? Want to do something nice for your favorite FLOSS folk hero? http://kdewebdev.org/donate.php (Forget that folk hero, support your favorite project ;) For years I've wanted to be proficient at coding C++. For some reason recently it all feel into place and I've been up late on coding marathons writng hundreds of lines of code. I'm considering doing another release of Kommander on KDE 3.5. I've aslo done several plugins and am working on several more. the plugins are at http://kommander.kdewebdev.org in our releases section. We also have a new contributor with a plugin there. My plugins include a timewidget which now can automatically advance from hours to seconds as you fill it in and a datetime function library of over 20 functions including the ability to add and multiply time. I need to update it with the new add time list and subtract time. It does things like tell you the number of days in the month, day of the week, day of the year and more. My most recent is not up but will post soon. It is called Qt Action Proxy. What it does is fill in where Kommander leaves off with MainWindow applications. Unfortunately the editor was never able to handle a native Kommander MainWindow without crashing, but does just fine with a Qt Designer generated window. You can set up menus, toolbars and keyboard accelerators using the included Action editor and hook them to scripts. There is also a KPart loader plugin and with it and the database plugin I created loadable data forms for an application. Unfortunately I had no way to turn on and off toolbars and actions or talk to the built in statusbar. I got most of it to work with DCOP eventually and ended up with issues in speed and stability. Entery the action proxy. It takes your Kommander functions and talks with the MainWindow. It's fast and stable, but you do have to get the name and case right for all actions and toolbars you want to work with. I will release it after some more testing. It would be possible to do a lot more with this type of plugin but I want to focus on new database plugins, widgets and KDE4 porting. Below are the current changes in SVN for Kommander, which I'm thinking of releasing if there is enough interest. 2008-03-23 - Eric Laffoon o it's about time scripts had a boolean execute slot! Accept action toggle 2008-03-23 - Eric Laffoon o Table - added keepCellVisible for my application - I will need to clean up the code if I want to release it as I want to rename some things and do other cleanup o ComboBox - added popupList to bring up the list without using the mouse - faster data entry 2008-03-22 - Eric Laffoon o LineEdit - added gotfocus event 2008-03-20 - Eric Laffoon o made actions sort along with widgets in the connection dialog o Tree/Detail (ListView) widget - enabled adding columns o Tree/Detail (ListView) widget - enabled removing columns (copied from table widget) o Tree/Detail (ListView) widget - return column count o Tree/Detail (ListView) widget - return column caption for given index o Tree/Detail (ListView) widget - set sort column and where ASC or DESC o Tree/Detail (ListView) widget - set column width - serves as hide colum at 0 width o Table widget - add column sort that does by whole rows - doesn't do well with float as strings :( o TextEdit - added lostFocus event o LineEdit - added gotFocus event o fixed about dialog license to take text and files correctly 2008-03-19 - Andras Mantia o regression: add back the missing str_compare function. 2008-03-18 - Eric Laffoon o raised the number of allowed paramaters for scripts 2008-03-10 - Eric Laffoon o enable additional slots in dialog and restore slots for actions - you can now directly manipulate actions on a MainWindow via signals and slots from the dialog -- Eric Laffoon Project Lead - kdewebdev module _______________________________________________ Quanta mailing list Quanta@mail.kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/quanta