List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] wysiwyg
From:       Francois Richardson <francois () f-r-d ! com>
Date:       2008-02-19 0:36:42

I'd also like to weigh in as an enthusiastic Quanta user to say I'm
thankful for a great coding environment. If VPL mode worked, I would
never use it anyways.

Even Dreamweaver's "design view" only gets you so far. You really do
have to know HTML to make a site, even with a good "WYSIWYG" tool.

And since the trend toward css layouts is replacing the old nested
tables/spacer image paradigm, it's really a breeze to do layouts from
code anyways.

Quanta is already the best web dev tool out there, it doesn't need to
"compete" with the likes of nvu or dw's design view.

Thanks for a great job to the developers. I think a number of us out
there fully understand and support your decision re: VPL development.

-F.