List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta problems(?)
From:       Eric Laffoon <eric () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2008-02-11 19:57:48

On Monday 11 February 2008 11:21:55 am Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Monday 11 February 2008, Σωτηρακόπουλος Ανδρέας wrote:
> > So what is going on?
>
> Shortly: the VPL (WYSIWYG) mode lacks a maintainer for a long time. And
> the code is complicated, because KHTML (the engine used in
> Konqueror/Quanta) was not really designed for editors, but for browsers.
> You have to live what it does now, as buggy as it is. I will fix
> crashes, but do not intend to work on fixing misbehaviors and other
> bugs.
>
> Andras

BTW this list is for people working on developing Quanta... This is where you
submit patches. Please use the user list to ask user questions.

To expand on What Andras said, I intend to look for a maintainer again, but
the last two went through extreme grief and burnout. It's not only incredibly
complex, but the underlying platform of KHTML continues to change, with the
ultimate hope of merging Apple changes that would make this easier in... In
short, this is such a huge and complex task it will probably take a sponsored
developer and there is no way it will be working before probably KDE 4.2 at
the very soonest. I wish it were different.

If this were on the user list hundreds of users might get an answer a dozen or
so developers already know.

--
Eric Laffoon
Project Lead - kdewebdev module