List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Quanta problems(?)
From:       "=?ISO-8859-7?B?0/n05/Hh6vzw7/Xr7/Igwe3k8d3h8g==?=" <idipous () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-02-11 18:59:54

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi all,

First of all I would like to say that I am really new to Quanta. Although I
am rather experienced with linux and I work as a web developer I have not
used (for production) another WYSIWYG editor except for Dreamweaver.
Recently I decided to make the leap and stop using windows (at least as a
main platform). I naturally needed a WYSIWYG editor and hoped that Quanta is
the one. But....

Although php writing is great in Quanta it does not seem to act as a real
WYSIWYG editor when it comes to html. Up to now I have noticed the following
"issues".

1. When I add a table it is added perfectly in the code area and all changes
that happen in that area reflect *almost(?!) *immediately to the design
area.But I cannot do anything solely on the design area in a new cell. For
example if a cell is empty I cannot take the cursor in it and start
writing!!!

2. I cannot (always while on the design area) change font colors or make
headers!!!

3.Many change need a while to take effect and need me change view from
display to code or vice versa.

Either I am doing something completely wrong or Quanta plus is not like
dreamweaver. It only helps you write the code and see the changes while
changing the code? If this is the case I have no real problem with this but
I think that this is quite difficult for someone not familiar with html.

So what is going on?

Thanks in advance for any help and sorry for the huge letter.
Andreas Sotirakopoulos